Friday, October 23, 2009

Sixth Task: Child Prodigy

Imagine being a child prodigy who is not understood by people around you. You long for friendship and a normal life. Write a poem describing your life. Insert the title of your poem.

I had tried open ended ryhme for this poem. It did not work so well. Then I tried to rhyme with a,a,a ending, to have a rule to work with, it did not work so well either. It was too rhymy, to happy for a dark poem.



Final Version

He looked down window,
the garden all set and aglow.
people moving in and out,
mingling with delight.

He felt out of place,
longing for an embrace,
mustering courage to descend the staircase.

polite akward conversation would arise,
them wearing a disguise,
he acting likewise.

Some would try to theorise,
Some would try to give him candies.

He was naught but a child,
exiled,
all because of he was wiser than all compiled.


Attempt 1.
Darkness prevails my soul.
My intelligence,my cage,

I often sit alone,
contemplating the world.

My governess calls me in,
my mother wants a word.

I go in,
hoping that she wants to speak a word of kindness or ask me to play.

Alas, it is not so.
She hopes I would go to the university soon.



After all, at age of 10,
I am already quite late in graduating.


Attempt 2

Sitting alone in the darkness,
Shocked my mother's bluntness.
She had told me
Father's away again on business.
The world around me filled with strangeness,
A world I would love to explore,
But the things that holds me back is my shyness.

No comments:

Post a Comment