Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fourth Task: My Favourite Fictional Character

Fourth journal entry - My favourite Fictional Character

I decided to give a full account of my favourite fictional character's life -Darren Shan - through a letter he wrote for his sister Anne, explaining where he has been since he disappeared a long time ago.

Dear Anne,

I am writing this letter to update you on where I have been doing for the past years. I was blackmailed into being blooded into a half-vampire by Mr. Crepsley (a vampire performing in The Cirque Du Freak) after stealing his performing spider, Madam Octa.
She bit my best friend, Steve, and Mr. Crepsley blooded me in return for the antidote. I saved Steve (but Steve swore to become a vampire hunter, because he believes I betrayed him), faked my own death, and became Mr. Crepsley's assistant.

I initially hated Mr. Crepsley for making me flee my home. Eventually though, I learned to like Vampires, and I do not hate Mr. Crepsley any more. After going to Vampire Mountain, going through the trials and becoming a Prince, I become one of the Vampaneze Lord (vampire's enemies) Hunters.

In the end I had to face Steve in battle and we both mortally wound each other, both dying shortly after. I was brought back by Mr. Tiny as a Little Person. I was sent back in time and saw my younger self at the Cirque with Steve.

I scared myself off so that I does not see Steve and Crepsley, cutting off the original chain of events that made me a Vampire. I then gave my diary entries to Mr. Tall, letting my old human self live on, hopefully leading a normal life where I hope my adult self will publish my diary one day, when Mr. Tall presents him with it. After this, my temporary body will unravel and I will die.

You know what, Anne? I do not think I will send this letter you. Sometimes, Ignorance is,indeed, Bliss!

Love,
Darren



---------------------------------------------
I love the character because he is able to handle anything. He is determined, loyal and funny. He goes through a lot in the whole series of the books - The saga of darren shan. Although I read the books a long time ago, this character is still embedded in my mind as I admire his strength and his ability to survive anything. All through the books he encounters - vampires, dragons, little persons, giant human faced slugs, is transported to an post apocalyptic world, and finds out his arch enemy is his half brother. Yet, he still trudges on, taking one problem at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment